Thursday, July 23, 2015

Circle of Spring Wreath

I always love a great sketch and this week at Create with Connie and Mary, we have a great sketch for you to try.

I used the new Circle of Spring stamp set for my card. Yes, it has the work Spring in the name, but it can be used any time of year really - and it coordinates with the Wonderful Wreath Framelits!
Stampin' Up! Circle of Spring stamp set. Wreath in pink and green. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
My card base is Soft Suede to which I added 2 layers of designer paper. The wreath was stamped in Soft Suede and colored with Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo and Mossy Meadow. I also added a little bit of shading with Sahara Sand.

One of the new products this year is the Metallic Thread and what a great deal it is, and what a fun product! I used it behind the bow - looping it back and forth - just to give the bow some extra dimension. 

The Banner Triple Punch is new this year and I was hesitant to buy it because I can cut a fairly straight banner so why would I need a punch. But it is so easy and so accurate to use. If you don't like to cut banners then this is the punch for you!

After I stood back and looked at my card, I decided it needed something else so I rounded the bottom corners with a circle punch and added 2 little flowers to the diagonal corner. Love my punches!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Circle of Spring
Paper: Soft Suede from the Neutrals collection; Blushing Bride from the Subtles collection
Card Stock: Whisper White, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Mossy Meadow
Other: 1 1/4" circle punch, Itty Bitty Accent Punch, Tree Builder Punch, Basic Pearls, Aquapainter, Gold Metallic Thread, Wonderful Wreath Framelits, Big Shot, Banner Triple Punch

I can't wait to see what everyone creates with this sketch! To play along, just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. And as always….

10 comments:

Bridgette J said...

Very pretty! I like how you stamped your sentiment onto the banner and then positioned it in the wreath's center! Cute cute cute!!

Lisa Martz said...

Love how you placed your greeting behind the wreath on the banner! Very clever! Love the fun, floral colors...very fresh...I can almost smell the flowers!

Jenny Engelke said...

This is SO lovely, Lisa! The mix of DSP is fabulous and I also love the two punched flower accents!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I just love this card! That sweet pink background is perfect behind the spring-y wreath and all the thoughtful little touches make for a beautiful card!

Alison Barclay said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! That wreath is so exquisitely coloured and I love the bow/metallic thread/pearl detail. LOVE THIS CARD!!!

Joanne James said...

Oh Lisa, how so very pretty is this?! I love the floral DSP base and the white banner allowing the sentiment to be stamped in the centre of your floral wreath is so clever. So many touches of prettiness with the twine and pearls and little flowers - just lovely!

Chris Slogar said...

I love the papers and colors you chose with this delicate wreath! Very pretty all around!

Connie Babbert said...

I love how all these patterns on your card work so GREAT together! You may have convinced me to get that stamp, too! Love what you did with the sketch this week!

Su Su said...

You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing.
unblocked games| unblocked games at school| unblocked games| friv4school| friv for school| friv games| frivgames| kizi2| kizi 2
unblockedgames| unblocked games at school| friv 4 school| friv4school| free online games| free online games| jogos da barbie| kizi

thị hậu nguyễn said...

These look amazing! Well done :)
happy wheels
super mario bros
pacman
agario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...