Sunday, June 7, 2015

You Made My Day

I am anxiously patiently waiting for my order of new Stampin' Up! products to arrive. It should be here sometime this week I hope! In the meantime I have to be satisfied with my old favorites.
Stampin' Up! Summer Silhouettes stamp set. Bright Pink and purple card. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I have always loved this layout and usually add a punched border down the side. Most of our border punches have retired so I used the border stamp instead. This image is included in the Summer Silhouettes stamp set but did you know Stampin' Up! offers sets of border stamps? These stamps are a great way to add color and interest.

The focal point is just a simple cluster of stamped leaves and fussy cut flowers. I punched first, then stamped, which is opposite of how I would normally do it but it worked. 

I had a busy weekend - how about you? I am still battling the neighbor's wisteria vines. My goodness those things are tenacious! So I did some yard work and some gardening with a little stamping when I could. After church and lunch today, David and I went for a walk with Cuffy. It was a beautiful day so we really wanted to enjoy the outdoors. Cuffy is such a good sport. She starts out on the leash out in front all enthused. Then she drops back to my side after awhile. On the last leg of the walk she is so tired we have to slow our pace to hers. I tried carrying her at the end but nope, she wanted down. When we got home I checked her for ticks and found 4 making their way up to head! Argh!

All supplies for my card are Stampin' Up! You can find them in my Online Store.

Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, A Dozen Thoughts
Card Stock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss
Ink: Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss, Wild Wasabi
Other: candy dot, pearls, Decorative Dots, Big Shot, 2 3/8" scallop circle, 2 1/2" circle punch
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Kirk and Melanie said...

Lovely, unique use of this wonderful stamp set! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...