Thursday, June 18, 2015

Watercolor Wings CCMC360

I love today's color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I know most people would call these masculine colors - and I agree - but they don't have to be! That is what's so fun about a color challenge. 

I have a new favorite stamp set - Watercolor Wings. Oh my goodness, the color combinations with these butterflies are endless!

Note: My card is on a whisper white base. The brown border is not part of the card.

Butterfly card made with Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wings stamp set. Blue, gray, brown butterflies. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The first thing I did to make my card was to emboss a strip of Whisper White card stock with the new Fluttering embossing folder and layer it on Smoky Slate card stock. 

Next step was the FUN step - making the butterflies! I began with the solid butterfly stamps (the large butterfly and small butterflies) and stamped in Smoky Slate. Then I used the stamps that add the edge and stamped those in Chocolate Chip and Island Indigo for the top butterfly. 

The third step is to stamp the center detail in Island Indigo. Now at this point I used the coordinating Bold Butterfly framelits and Butterfly Thinlits to cut them out. Only then did I stamp the bodies. I find it easier to stamp the body after the butterflies have been die cut. 

There are other images in this set and some sentiments as well. It is Photopolymer (completely clear) which makes stamping those layers even easier. 

All supplies for my card are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Watercolor Wings
Card Stock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate
Ink: Island Indigo, Smoky Slate, Chocolate Chip
Other: Bold Butterfly framelits, and Butterfly Thinlits, Big Shot, Fluttering embossing folder, dimensionals

For more inspiration or to play along, just pop on over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.



9 comments:

Mitzi Luttrull said...

I like the color combo you used on your butterflies. Very pretty.

Bridgette J said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I absolutely love the butterflies. I wasn't sure if I liked this set so much in the catalog but this card has convinced me that it's a must have! :)

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, your butterfly card is so pretty! I love how you lined them up vertically on the card with that butterfly background! So lovely how you used the colors this week!

Chris Slogar said...

Your butterflies are lovely in these colors! I didn't see these as butterfly colors until I saw your card! I like how you kept it clean and simple so the focus is on the pretty butterflies.

Alison Barclay said...

Beautiful!! Great design and a perfect use of the colours to create butterflies. :)

Joanne James said...

I love those butterflies against the all white background - they really stand out and look great in these colours, even though they are not colours you would automatically think of as 'butterfly colours'.

Andrea W said...

Very pretty card! I love how you used the butterflies with the challenge colors.

Jenny Engelke said...

These butterflies are so beautiful and I bet they're a ton of fun to play with! I imagine the color combinations could be endless!!!! They look wonderful in these colors! The layout really compliment the big and little butterflies, too!

Lisa Martz said...

Love this! I have an idea for a gate fold card using this layout now...because of you! Love all the white space and how clean it is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...