Sunday, June 14, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Petite Petals Edition

It is the second Monday of the month  which means another Stamp Review Crew Blog HopWe are featuring the stamp set Petite Petals so if you would like some inspiration - both cards and 3 dimensional projects - then come hop along with us!

This may be your first stop or you may have just come from the Tanya Boser's blog. Either way you are good to go. Just follow the links at the end of the post.

I needed a card for a bridal shower yesterday so that is what I created for the blog hop. Love when I can accomplish 2 things at once!

Handmade Bridal Shower card or Wedding card in coral. Uses Stampin' Up! Petite Petal stamp set and punch. Bouquet of  stamped and punched flowers on an embossed background. Handmade by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The bride-to-be's colors are coral so that is why I chose the colors I did. Calypso Coral is so hard to photograph without getting all orangey.

To create my bouquet I stamped and punched a gazillion Petite Petals flowers! Some are stamped with second generation Calypso Coral ink and some are stamped with third generation Watermelon Wonder ink. I wanted a softer look so that is why I didn't stamp full strength.

Once I had all of my flowers I layered them on a punched circle and added some strips of Wild Wasabi card stock for stems. The bow holds the stems together and dimensionals give the bouquet some height. 

This was really a fun card to make and could be used for a wedding as well. 

All my supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Petite Petals, Petite Pairs (still current)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder, whisper white
Other: Boho Chic embossing folder, Pearls, dimensionals, circle punch, petite petals punch, Organza ribbon, White embossing powder

And now it is on to the next stop: talented Jennifer Timko's blog. Enjoy!




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you used a gazillion little flowers to create the bouquet! Great colors too! Such an elegant card!

Dawn Tidd said...

Wow! I bet that bride loved this bouquet! This is a really pretty card for just about any occasion.

Jen Timko said...

This is so smart and so pretty! That bouquet is spectacular, Lisa!!

Betty said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love the fun surprise of the Boho Chic embossing folder texture.

Rochelle Blok said...

I love the bouquet Lisa. Beautiful colours. I wanted to do a bouquet but just couldn't get my head around it for it to work. Yours is fantastic. I bet the recipient loved your card!

rubberredneck said...

WOW Lisa this is beautiful. I just love how you made a bouquet and killing 2 birds with one stone is awesome. lol

Yapha said...

What a gorgeous card, Lisa!! I love all those little flowers together! Great colors, too.

Adriana Benitez said...

Beautiful bouquet and such beautiful detail on every layer. What a special treat for the bride!

Tanya Boser said...

What a lovely bouquet! The way you created the stems was quite clever, and the texture of this card is just perfect :)
And I totally agree about photographing Calypso Coral, lol.

Mike said...

WOW! I stare at a stamp set and never come up with a project, and then I take a look at projects like yours....WOW! This is amazing!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh Lisa, you always come up with cool ideas. Love your gorgeous layered bouquet.

Heidi Baks said...

Gorgeous! Love, love the bouquet, as well as your layout with the double layer of embossing.

Marla said...

So very cute, Lisa!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...