Thursday, June 11, 2015

I'm So Lucky to Call You My Friend

Are you feeling sketchy? Create with Connie and Mary has a sketch challenge this week and we sure hope you will play along with us. It's easy. It's fun!

Here is the sketch.

This is my interpretation of the sketch: a combination of Sheltering Tree stamp set and the new Sprinkles of Life stamp set.
Once I stamped the bare tree, grass and flowers, I added an overlay of vellum on which I had stamped the tree's foliage. 

Because vellum is not very porous, it takes longer for the ink to dry. There are a few ways to help the process: heat it with a heat tool or allow it to air dry or blot it dry. 

Another thing to keep in mind with vellum is adhesive may show through. To get around this, I added adhesive in strategic places such as under the little bird and under the punched sentiment. 

Here is a close up so you can see the vellum.

You may be wondering why I went with a green background and not blue, especially with clouds. It just looked more cohesive :)

All my supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Sheltering Tree, Sprinkles of Life
Card Stock: Whisper White, Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Vellum
Ink: TIp Top Taupe, Daffodil Delight, Watermelon Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Smoky Slate
Other: Tree Builder Punch, Oval Punch, Decorative Dots embossing folder

For more inspiration and to play along, just head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog!

8 comments:

Pamela K said...

Love your use of layering and the vellum! I will definitely be CASEing this card. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny Engelke said...

I love what you did here with the vellum! It really softens up the colors....very clever!

Joanne James said...

Very pretty Lisa and a clever use of the vellum to bring the stamped panels together. A super combination!

Alison Barclay said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The vellum panel is beautiful...so soft and dreamy! I love it!

Chris Slogar said...

The vellum panel makes this so special and unique! Love it! I also love the mix of Sprinkles of Life and Sheltering Tree, great idea!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a beautiful card! I love your use of vellum across both panels and how the embossing folder on the background echoes the leaves on the tree! This could be used for so many occasions!

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE the vellum and all the details on your card! Great combination of sets, too! Great job with the sketch this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the vellum overlay across the two panels...so pretty! Love the way you combined the two stamp sets!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...