Thursday, June 25, 2015

Awesomely Artistic CCMC361

Welcome to another challenge brought to you by Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog! This week is a sketch challenge and I think you'll like it. 

I used the new stamp set, Awesomely Artistic for my card and had fun with embossing.
I embossed the foliage background with white to give it a subtle look because I really wanted the dragonfly to be the centerpiece. 
I used Elegant Eggplant, Pacific Point, and Smoky Slate markers on my stamp. Once I stamped the image I cut it out. Then I used my Versamark ink pad and coated the dragonfly with Versamark. My final step was to add Iridescent Ice embossing powder and when I heated it I got a beautiful, sparkly dragonfly.

Behind my dragonfly is the new silver metallic thread that I looped around in a circle. Side note: I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw this thread for the first time. I was expecting it to be stiffer and thicker but it is so fine and very lovely - a great addition to our product line. It comes in gold too!

All of my supplies are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: Awesomely Artistic
Paper: Smoky slate from the Neutrals pack
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Versamark, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Elegant Eggplant, Pacific Point
Other: Whisper White embossing powder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, White Baker's Twine, Silver Metallic Thread, Banner Punch, Rhinestone

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team created. And I can't wait to see what you create with this sketch - it's all happening at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog!

7 comments:

Alison Barclay said...

Could this BE any prettier!!!!?? Your dragonfly is glorious!! I love the pink background too....reminds me of the DSP that matched Postage Due a while back....so lovely!

Connie Babbert said...

I LOVE your card! It is just SO stunning...love the sparkly dragonfly against the pale pink! I don't think I would have ever combined those colors with that set, but it is wonderful! Great job!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh, how pretty! I'm a total sucker for a pink and navy color combination! I just love it! And the sparkle on the dragonfly wings puts this one over the top!!! Gorgeous!

Joanne James said...

I love that pink background Lisa but the sparkling dragonfly is the definite scene-stealer this week - wow! Love the way you used this set on your card- collage yet still with a 'clean' feel!

Bridgette J said...

Lisa, this is so soft and beautiful!I love everything about it, especially the sparkling dragon fly!

Chris Slogar said...

This is so delicate and pretty! I especially love that sparkly dragonfly - absolutely breathtaking!

Lisa Martz said...

So soft and pretty! LOVE the sparkly dragonfly...looks real! Love the combination of embossing, DSP and glitter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...