Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Appreciating An Open Heart

Well, I placed my first order from the new catalog and can't wait until it arrives, which won't be for a while. It hasn't even shipped yet! In the mean time I will be content to use the stamps that I already own and love.

I was just thinking yesterday that I haven't seen any wrens in our yard. Usually we have a nesting pair and they are very vocal when I am in the yard. Thinking about the real life wrens made me think of the stamp set, An Open Heart. It was new last year and one of the main reasons I wanted it was for the bird image!

Stampin' Up! An Open Heart stamp set. Wren type bird, hardwood background, earth tones. Handmade thank you card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I used an Aqua Painter and ink to color the bird. Tip: In order to "ground" a stamped image, add a little bit of color under the image with ink and Aquapainter or Blender Pen. Otherwise it looks like the image is just floating on the card stock. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Joan V said...

Lisa, this is a beautiful card. I love the layout. And that touch of calypso coral on the bird is so lovely. Thanks for the inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...