Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Butterfly Hello

Are you ready for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog? I sure hope so because we have a lovely color challenge for you to try! 
Even though the colors remind me of the beach, I went a different route.
Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge stamp set with die cut Butterfly and hello. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
First, I used 4 of the images from Gorgeous Grunge to create a background. Then  I added a die cut Hello Honey hello and instead of the flower I was originally going to add, I used a die cut butterfly instead. The butterfly just seemed to go better with the background. I also added a few gold sequins for some bling.

Details for my card: 

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, So Saffron
Ink: Lost Lagoon, So Saffron
Other: Gold Sequins, Big Shot, Butterfly Thinlits, Hello You Thinlits

I know it is a busy time of year - end of school, graduations, weddings, etc. but I sure hope you will be able to play along! For more inspiration just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. 

And as always,

9 comments:

Alison Barclay said...

Gorgeous card.....I love all the colours stamped with Gorgeous Grunge. Perfect when paired with that butterfly die cut. :)

Jenny Engelke said...

I love the Gorgeous Grunge with the butterfly! So pretty!!!!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the Gorgeous Grunge and the butterfly.

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh my, I love how you used these colors for the Hello and butterfly card!! The grunge is a wonderful choice for the background to complement the images, Lisa. Love your card!

Chris Slogar said...

The Lost Lagoon butterfly stands out beautifully against the splattered and streaked background. This is a great mix of stamps and cut-outs. Love it!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the grunge with the delicate butterfly! The sequins add just the right bling!

Joanne James said...

Love the die cuts against the grunge background, so effective and looks great in this colour combo! The sequins are the perfect finishing touch too.

Bridgette J said...

You know that feeling you get when you see something you like and you think "why didn't I think of that?!" that's what I thought when I saw your card! Gorgeous Grunge was a perfect stamp choice for this color combo. Beautiful card! :)

Connie Babbert said...

Ah...love gorgeous grunge with the butterfly! Perfect choice for these colors! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...