Wednesday, May 6, 2015

National Pet Week

May 3 - 9 is National Pet Week! Not that I need to be reminded to love on my pets. I do that every day :)

I don't have a card today but I do have some candids of my two furry friends.

 This is our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Cuffy. She is my constant companion and I ADORE her. It is hard to capture her on camera because 1. Her tail is in constant motion 2. She always wants to lick my face. 3. She doesn't like the cell phone. Truth. 
Blenheim Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Blenheim Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
 She was focused on a squirrel in our back yard when I took this. I wanted that side of her cause I love the little freckle she has on her muzzle. I call it a beauty mark. And yes, she is a hairy little girl. I have to brush her every day.

Gideon is our male tabby cat. As you can see he is a BIG boy! As in tall. As in he can pull things off the counter just by standing on his hind feet. Cuffy can't do that!
Male, Gray Tabby Cat
He makes us laugh every single day. Here he is pulling down the dish towel from the stove - His feet are on the floor by the way. I don't know what it is but he can't stand having the dish towel hanging off the stove handle and will just walk over, reach up, pull it off, and walk away! I had it up on the top of the stove to keep it away from him. Yeah, that didn't work.

Male, Gray Tabby cat
Gideon loves to creep up on Cuffy. He runs up to her, bats her, and runs off. It's hilarious to watch. And she is such a sweet natured little dog, she doesn't mind. In this picture he's trying to make up his mind if he should go for her or not. He didn't. He doesn't hurt her - just to be clear. We call him a gentle giant because he is so "mellow". I never had a male cat before him and he is such a boy. Need I say more?

Thanks for reading this far and putting up with my pet pictures! Pets bring so much joy to our lives it is only fitting that we celebrate them this week!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Love the card and REALLY love the anecdotes about the pets!! We have 2 dogs: Mickey, a Shi-Poo, and Minnie, a Yorkichon which looks more like a Maltese-Yorkie mix. They're constant companions for me as well!! Boy, they sure are celebrating a lot this week!! Nurses' week, Teacher's Day (so I assume "week"), and Pet's Week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...