Monday, May 11, 2015

Apothecary Art Birthday

Today's card is one I made when I found out that Apothecary Art stamp set is retiring. It is no secret that I love flowers and flower stamp sets, so this particular image from the set is my favorite. I love the delicate spray of flowers. 
I stamped the image with Basic Gray ink which is now being reformulated because apparently it has issues?? I never had issues with my stamp pad but apparently some have. 

To color the flowers, I used my Aquapainter and Soft Sky ink. A Blender Pen would work too - and actually might be easier because some of those flowers are tiny! 

I have decidedly become more simplistic in my card making and I haven't done any paper piercing in a while. It was fun to pull out the Festive Paper Piercing templates and add some piercing on the Basic Gray layer of my card. Yes, you guessed it! It is retiring - as is the Occasions and Essentials Paper Piercing templates. Paper Piercing hasn't gone away though. Just sayin' :) 
The background layer was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and trimmed with a Finishing Touches Edge as seen up close in the photo above. Oh, I added some tiny pearls too for a little feminine touch to my card. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Some things you may need to know. 

  • The Apothecary Art stamp set can be purchased in a Bundle with the Labels Collection Framelits. 
  • The Big Shot is going up in price (June 3rd), so if you are on the fence about purchasing one, now is the time. 
Hope your Monday is Marvelous.

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love this stamp set and the colors you used.

Marla said...

I'm sorry this set went away. Every card you made with this set was absolutely beautiful! I hope that you keep it. Just lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...