Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tap Tap - Thanks

This week at Create with Connie and Mary, we have a sketch challenge for you to try. As always, it is a good one and I hope you will play along.

This is the card I made using the stamp set, Tap, Tap, Tap.

The typewriter was embossed with white and then I cut it out and added a little piece of white card stock for the paper in the roller. The notepaper was colored with a Real Red and Marina Mist marker to make it more realistic. 

I was going to use the entire sentiment from the Lots of Thanks stamp set. It says the same thing but I felt the Thanks part of it was too small so I cut that part off and used the Hello You thinlits for the thanks.
Isn't this a great sketch? To see what the rest of the design team created with this sketch, head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. We hope you will play along.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Tap, Tap, Tap; Lots of Thanks
Paper: Typeset dsp
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Black Stazon, Whisper White, Real Red marker, Marina Mist marker
Other: 1/16" punch, white embossing powder, corner rounder punch, Big Shot, Hello You thinlits, Word Bubble thinlits (on sale this week!)

10 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Cute, cute, cute! Darn it...I didn't think I needed that set, but I love this! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

JoAnn said...

What a fun card. Love the typewriter and the notepaper.

Bridgette J said...

Love this black and white card. I'm with Connie, I don't have this set but this is SOOO cute! Think maybe I need it now! ;)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Cute Cute card! Love the the typewriter on black paper!

Joanne James said...

What a great take on this week's sketch! I love the way you combined the sentiments too - and I do have this set!!

Jenny Engelke said...

Fabulous Lisa! I like that you didn't go with the flower theme and thought outside the box! I love the little bit of lined paper you made. Sweet card!

Alison Barclay said...

This completely rocks...funky, modern, fun! Great card!! I am digging the typewriter. :)

Chris Slogar said...

I love the elements you put together with this great typewriter! This is such a fun black and white card! Great interpretation of the sketch!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a super idea to use the typewriter for this sketch! Love the different papers you used and the large "thanks" is great!!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it! This card could be used for so many different events! Love the typeset paper in the background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...