Sunday, April 5, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Painted Petals Edition

Welcome to another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop where everyone features projects made with the same stamp set. This time we are showing you what you can make with the Painted Petals stamp set from the Occasions catalog.

Note: The hop officially begins on Monday, April 6th but we post early to make sure everything is running smoothly. Until then you may experience some broken links. Don't give up though! 

If you arrived from the blog of the ever so creative, Tanya Boser, then you are where you should be. If this is your first stop - that is good too - just follow the links and you will go full circle and end up back here.

I don't have any exciting techniques or wow projects - just some easy to replicate and easy to mail kind of cards :)
Stampin' Up! Painted Petals stamp set in Wisteria and Coastal Cabana. Clean and simple floral card hand stamped by Lisa Young
You may need a stamp-a-ma-jig for the dotted line, or you can do what I did and eyeball it. Everything else is just stamping and layering. I did fussy cut some leaves and a rose but that is it! 

This next card is supposed to be a cottage garden type card. I even added a fence!
Stampin' Up! Painted Petals stamp set. White base with garden of flowers in spring colors behind a stamped fence. Hand stamped thank you card by Lisa Young
The fence is a separate layer as seen in the picture below. I used the striped stamp from this set to create it. Tip: If you are particular about spacing you may want to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig. 

Once I stamped my flowers on the background, I used the Stamp-a-ma- jig to stamp the flowers on the fence panel so it looks like they are peeking through the fence. The butterflies are leftovers from another card and were made with the Beautiful Wings embosslit.

Tip: To add depth and color to the background I used an Aquapainter to add some Sahara Sand ink around the flowers and leaves. I used Pistachio Pudding ink on the fence panel to give the illusion of foliage behind the fence.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! and from Monday, April 6 - 10th Stampin' Up! is offering Free Shipping!! I deliberately used the In Colors that will be retiring this year because now is the time to stock up!

Stamps: Painted Petals
Card Stock: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Crumb Cake (fence), Sahara Sand
Other: dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, pearls, big shot, Beautiful Wings emboss lit

And now it is time to hop along to the next blog which happens to be Bronwyn Eastley's. I can almost guarantee she will have an amazing 3-D project :)


17 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous cards, Lisa! I love the fence and the butterflies on the second card. So pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful cards! love the colors you used.....and the fence is sweet!

Tanya Boser said...

Stunning! I adore the colors for each card, and your cottage garden is so lush and full! Can't wait to try it myself :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Stunning examples as always! Love the little garden fence and the scenes you have created on both cards. Just beautiful.

Rochelle Blok said...

Two pretty cards Lisa! Love the colours in both but that fence is so clever! Love it! Beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

Lisa, I always say or think "Wow" whenever I see one of your cards. Easy to replicate is good, but your designs are always exciting! Beautiful cards. Fabulous colors. LOVE the fence. :->

rubberredneck said...

WOW Lisa stunning as always!! I love the colors on your first card. The fence on the second card amazing!

Deb said...

Beautiful cards! I love the first one with the bit of fussy cutting and that it is easy to mail! And the second one is gorgeous with that fence! What a super idea!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful, vibrant colors, Lisa! I love your creativity with the fence, as well as patience to get those flowers to line up.

Jenny Engelke said...

Your projects are my favorite of the hop, Lisa! I especially love the flowers around the fence! So pretty!

Dawn Tidd said...

Simply stunning projects, Lisa! I love the addition of the fence in the second card…it does look like a cottage garden!

Adriana Benitez said...

Sweet and pretty cards with beautiful color combinations. I especially like the fence you created with the lines. Great idea!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. I love the blue one (my favorite color).

Betty said...

Your little special touches take these lovely cards over the top! Love the little cut out leaves and the Sahara Sand shading.

Mike said...

Lisa, I love all the dimension on your cards. The added texture makes your creations pop! Beautiful!

Nancy Smith said...

Lisa these are both beautiful. The second one looks like a water color picture. And I love the dots/layout of the first card. Great job!

WebDeb said...

I love the triple-panel layout -- always on the lookout for flat cards! So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...