Friday, April 17, 2015

Sheltering Tree Block Stamping

I am trying my hardest to convince you that you need Sheltering Tree stamp set. Lol. Yes, I have another card today.

I found a card on Pinterest that I love and thought I could do something similar. THIS is the card I am referring to. Unfortunately I couldn't link back to the person who created it because the Pinterest link is a dead end. So Henriette, whoever you are, thank you for the beautiful inspiration!!
Stampin' Up! Sheltering Tree stamp set and acrylic block stamping with markers. Handmade thinking of you card with bare tree on watercolored background. Details can be found on Add Ink and Stamp blog. Made by Lisa Young
To create the square I scribbled some Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey and Mellow Moss marker on the Acrylic Block. Then I held the block at full arm's length and spritzed it once with water (a fine mist), and stamped the block onto my Whisper White card stock.

I used my heat tool to dry it and then stamped the tree with Black Memento ink. I really liked how Henriette added the "roots" and a border on her card but I just added some roots with a black marker. 

Stamping Tip: When adding the colors of marker ink to the block, think about how you want it to look when stamped. I liked the idea of water, sky, and foliage so that's what I tried to create.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be ordered through my Stampin' Up! Online Store found by clicking here. 

Stamps: Sheltering Tree
Card Stock: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Mellow Moss
Ink: Black Memento, Lost Lagoon marker, Hello Honey marker, Mellow Moss marker
Other: Candy Dot, Acrylic Block

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Stunning card Lisa...love it!

Kirk and Melanie said...

This is a GREAT card!! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!! The coloring is perfect!!

Carole said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I may have to buy this set.

Margaret said...

great card - love to see different designs!

Betty J Schaub said...

Fabulous!

barb hendrickson said...

Just beautiful and creative, Lisa!

Smiles, Laurie said...

This is lovely, Lisa! I'm so happy we are going to be able to work with this set throughout the year! It's a keeper!
I'm going to have to give this creative stamping a try, thanks!

Sandy Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful Lisa!! I have tried the markers on blocks a few years ago and they didn't turn out well at all. I am going to have to give it another shot. Thank you for the inspiration.

Carol V said...

My mom and I CASEd your card, it took a while, cause we figured out the color is Mossy Meadow, used Hello Honey instead of Lost Lagoon for the layer and added a bike (been thinking about getting a bike), we loved it, thanks for the inspiration.

Keitha said...

This is beautiful! I am planning my Christmas card with Inkadinkado's Snowy Cabin and this technique will make an incredible background. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

Love this technique. Your card us stunning.

Debbie said...

Love this technique. Your card us stunning.

Lora said...

This set has been on my list for awhile. It is now moving maybe to the top of my list.

Thank you for creating such a great tutorial. Without your input I would not know where to begin.

Daria said...

Beautiful, peaceful card. I like the classic design and wonderful colors. TFS.

KOHarley said...

Love this card and your skills. I love this stamp set, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...