Thursday, April 30, 2015

Painted Petals card and matching Envelope

Are you ready for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog?! I hope so, because we have a fabulous sketch for you this week. 


I used the stamp set, Painted Petals for my card with a little bit of Gorgeous Grunge - nothing fancy. The fancy comes with the background where I used the Lovely Lace embossing folder to emboss the back panel I couldn't decide what to do about the stripes in the sketch so I let a strip of the Painted Blooms designer series paper take care of it for me. 
Stampin' Up! Painted Petals stamp set in daffodil yellow. Striped background and die cut sentiment. Matching envelope. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I have had the Envelope Liner framelits for a very long time and have never used them! I kid you not. Since the Painted Blooms paper is retiring I figured a good way to use it up would be to line an envelope - especially since this card was mailed to a customer. What a fun way to dress up an envelope! 

Here is a close up of the embossed background.
The "thanks" was made with the Hello You thinlits and says it all :)

All the supplies for my card are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Painted Petals, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Painted Blooms
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Hello You thinlits, Lovely Lace embossing folder

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the design team created over at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. 

7 comments:

Mary Gillmarten said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I love the daffodil delight!

Jenny Engelke said...

Well, the designer paper you used couldn't be more perfect for the background element, Lisa! What a soft, beautiful color combo you've chosen too!

Margaret Raburn said...

How very clever to use the striped dsp for the stripes in the sketch!! Wish I'd have thought of that! : ) Beautiful, fresh & springy card (and envelope!)

Chris Slogar said...

I love your Painted Petals background in these colors, and I especially love your use of the designer paper for the stripes! The envelope liner is a great touch!

Joanne James said...

Great use of the DSP for the stripes Lisa - genius! I love your Painted Petals blooms card, so cheerful in yellow and the die cut thanks is the perfect finishing touch!

Alison Barclay said...

Stunning! The Painted Blooms DSP looks very at home here. Do you know what? I tend to use my DSP more with my Envelope Liners than actually on a card!! Isn't that bizarre....I hoard it and I figure that lining envelopes will force me to use it. :)
Beautiful card as usual. I love the colours you chose. xx

Lisa Martz said...

Lovely! I am so sad this stamp set did not make the new catalog...I love it! I love the yellow tones on this card...very uplifting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...