Thursday, April 9, 2015

Lots of Punched Flowers

This week at Create with Connie and Mary we have a color challenge for you. I have a feeling it is going to be one of those combinations that may be - well - challenging! But that's the point, right? 

Here is a close up of my card. As you can see, I did lots of punching.

Stampin' Up! Beautiful Bunch stamp set and Flower Shop stamp set. Uses coordinating punches plus scalloped tag topper punch. A floral card in navy, coral, and yellow.

I love all 3 of these colors and was going to go with a masculine card but decided to challenge myself to create a floral card instead.

Stampin' Up! Beautiful Bunch stamp set and Flower Shop stamp set. Uses coordinating punches plus scalloped tag topper punch. A floral card in navy, coral, and yellow.
I used 3 different stamp sets, all containing flowers and all 3 have coordinating punches. 

Here's a random fact for you. The largest flower on my card is from the stamp set, Beautiful Bunch which coordinates with the Fun Flower Punch which is one of the Weekly Deals this week. I made, and uploaded this card before I knew the Weekly Deals. The same thing happened with last week's CCMC card. I used the Word Bubble Framelits, then the Weekly Deals came out and it was on sale. I haven't made my card for next week's challenge so be sure to tune in next Thursday to see if I can go 3 for 3! 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Reminder: Free Shipping April 6 -10. 

Stamps: Beautiful Bunch, Flower Shop, Something to Say
Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry
Other: dimensionals, rhinestones, Pansy Punch, Petite Petal Punch, scallop circle punch, Itty Bitty Accent punch, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Crushed Curry Baker's Twine, Fun Flower Punch (on sale)

Now it is your turn to take the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog! We can't wait to see what you create!

8 comments:

Alison Barclay said...

Stunning card Lisa! The navy background and the cascade of flowers is so elegant and beautiful! Love it.

Connie Babbert said...

My first thought was flowers, too! Love the combination of punched flowers and the tag! Beautiful! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Bridgette J said...

Very pretty Lisa! I just ordered this stamp set today. Can't wait to try it out. I'm inspired by your card! :)

Joanne James said...

When I saw this colour combo I didn't think flowers at all - but I love your card! The flowers look fantastic against the solid navy background.

Jenny Engelke said...

These flowers look so bright and bold against the dark navy background....VERY striking!!!

Chris Slogar said...

This is a really great layout with the tag and greeting layered in with the flowers! They all stand out so nicely against the rich Night of Navy background. Great use of the colors!

Lisa Martz said...

This is so pretty! I love how the navy makes such a striking background for the flowers! Love your combination of stamp sets!

Margaret Raburn said...

Your use of these colors on your card is just beautiful! Love how the flowers just sweep down over the tag and how you used so many different flowers and punches! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...