Monday, April 20, 2015

It's Not Designer Series Paper

Even though my card looks like it is covered with Painted Blooms designer series paper - it isn't. I kind of got carried away with the Painted Petals stamp set.
Stampin' Up! Painted Petals stamp set. Stamping only, no designer series paper. Handmade Floral Mother's Day Card by Lisa Young
Wild, purple violets happen to be my favorite flower and I really love how these flowers, when stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink, look like violets. The stamped flowers are not as bright and intense as the paper ones so I think they look more realistic.

The card front has 4 panels: base, the white panel with "happy mother's day", the middle panel, and the "you are amazingly amazing" layer. The "happy mother's day" is from the Crazy About You stamp set and could easily be substituted with "happy birthday" or "thinking of you", or whatever!

Stamping Tip: to fill in some white space, Use the small, single leaf stamp to add some leaves hear and there. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Painted Petals, Crazy About You
Card Stock: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Wild Wasabi
Other: Wild Wasabi cotton twine, corner punch

The Annual Catalog Retirement lists of Stamp sets and Accessories will be released tomorrow, Tuesday, April 21st! That means some things will only be available "while supplies last" so you may want to plan on ordering soon if you need/want to stock up. 

1 comment:

Andrea W said...

Your card is beautiful! I was inspired to try stamping my own background paper. I've linked this card to my post to share where my inspiration came from. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...