Saturday, April 18, 2015

Guy Greetings You're My Anchor

Today's card is another that I made for a challenge but didn't get to link it up because I waited too long. But that's ok because I still get to share it here!
Masculine, nautical card made with Stampin' Up! Guy Greetings stamp set. Details on Add Ink and Stamp blog. Handmade card by Lisa Young

The sketch is from I (heart) sketches. I love how the front panel angles.

The sentiment and anchor image are from Guy Greetings stamp set. I love how that set has a variety of masculine images - something for everyone. I deliberately didn't add a "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Father's Day" even though they come with the stamp set because I wanted to keep it neutral.
I love the colors and patterns in the Maritime designer series paper because they can be nautical such as today's card, or beach themed, or even patriotic. 

To add some color to my image I used a Coastal Cabana marker and colored the rope on the stamped image and then punched a hole through the tag. Next I just cut a piece of Coastal Cabana Baker's Twine and tucked it in behind the tag.

Stamping Tip: By adding a few drops of Multi - Purpose Glue in 3 places on the Baker's Twine I was able to keep it permanently in the curvy position.

All supplies for today's card are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: Guy Greetings
Paper: Maritime 
Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red, Coastal Cabana
Other: Coastal Cabana Baker's Twine, 1/8" punch, Tag Punch, multi-purpose glue

I have been busy cleaning up our yard after a hard winter - twigs, branches, and lots of oak leaves and acorns. If you have oak trees in your yard, you know what I am talking about. Cuffy, our dog tried to help by eating all the acorns she could find which of course is not good since acorns can make a dog sick. Sheesh. In spite of all of that, I got the yard cleaned up and I am soooo anxious to begin planting flowers. Since I have to wait a month or so to do that, I have to be content with stamping flowers :) 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...