Thursday, April 16, 2015

Guy Greetings CCMC351


Welcome to another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog! Today is a sketch challenge which I have posted further down my post. 

How many times have you tried to unscrew something only to find that you are tightening it? Or you need to tighten something and after many turns you realize you are loosening it up?! Frustrating, right? A long time ago my dad taught me the saying, "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey" and I always find myself repeating that to myself when I need it. It really does help!

Stampin' Up! Guy Greetings stamp set. An easy, masculine card using Moonlight designer paper by Stampin' Up! Details can be found on Add Ink and Stamp blog.
My card is square as the sketch indicates and I used paper from the Moonlight paper stack which is perfect for a guy card. I love the grid paper especially. I felt like it needed something besides the stamped image and sentiment so I added some arrows to subtly represent turn left or turn right. 

This is the sketch, and feel free to make it rectangular. I happen to love square cards :)
I realize my card is kind of simplistic but I figured guys don't like a lot of froo froo. And Guy Greetings stamp set is such a wonderful stamp set with lots of great images so you don't really need a lot of extra stuff. At least that's my theory. Lol.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Guy Greetings
Paper: Moonlight paper stack
Card Stock: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon
Ink: Black Memento, Lost Lagoon
Other: What's Up Punch, Candy Dots

To see what the rest of the design team made with this sketch or to link up your own card, head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I think you will be glad you did!

7 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Super card, Lisa! You paper choices make it feel way more industrial! What a wonderful masculine card!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a great masculine card!! The background papers is perfect for the images you used and for a guy card! Someone is going to love receiving this!

Alison Barclay said...

The DSP is perfect on this masculine card! I love that stamp! :)

Chris Slogar said...

I love that you used the designer paper as a background to stamp on. Great idea for the arrows, and great colors!

Lisa Martz said...

Very fun! Love the addition of the arrows next to the tools. My dad is a mechanic, so he taught me this saying very early in life!

Joanne James said...

I bought this stamp set on the strength of that sentiment alone - it brings back such memories! Love the stamping on the DSP background and a creative take on the sketch.

Bridgette J said...

This would be the perfect Father's day card or any time guy card! The grid DSP gives it a nice masculine touch too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...