Friday, April 24, 2015

Gifts of Kindness - New and Old

Ever since the list of Retiring stamps and Accessories was released this past Tuesday, I have been obsessed with using My Stampin' Up! products that are retiring - stamps and accessories. Let's just say I have been on a stamping frenzy. It was a good thing David was a way for a few days. Poor guy. He would have been eating cereal had he been home. Lol

This is the first card I made, and everything about it is retiring, except the candy dots, ink and card stock.
Stampin' Up! Gifts of Kindness stamp set and flowers made with Boho Blossoms punch and Blossoms Punch and designer series paper. Handmade thinking of you card. Details on Add Ink and Stamp blog.
Rather than use a marker and make the flowers a different color, I used the image from Gifts of Kindness stamp set as green foliage. Then I added flowers that I punched from Park Lane designer series paper. I used 2 retiring punches for the flowers: Boho Blossoms punch for the smaller flowers and Blossom punch for the large flower. I love that these punches can create pretty flowers without stamping a thing. Of course pretty paper helps too :)

The retiring product on this card that I will miss the most is the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. I love to just tuck it under the card stock so only a bit of the edge is peeking out. That is what I did with this card. It adds just enough color.

All supplies for my card are Stampin' Up!, and can be purchased online through my Stampin' Up! website.

  • To view and/or puchase any retiring stamp sets, click Here. Note: stamps are available to purchase until May 26. After that, it is "while supplies last" through June 2nd
  • To view and/or puchase retiring accessories, click Here. Note: These are "while supplies last". 
  • To view the list in pdf form, click Here. Note: Anything that is unavailable will have an X in the last column.
Stamps: Gifts of Kindness (retiring)
Paper: Park Lane (retiring)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss
Ink: Old Olive
Other: Boho Blossoms punch (retiring); Blossoms punch (retiring); Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch (retiring); Candy Dots

Here is another card that I made a while back and I really like it so I thought I would share. It says Happy Easter but any sentiment would work. The nice part about the Gifts of Kindness set is that it comes with its own sentiments. The butterflies are from Papillon Potpourri stamp set and this particular ribbon is no longer available but again, you could substitute.
Stampin' Up! Gifts of Kindness stamp set in Wisteria Wonder. Yellow butterflies from Papillon Potpourri stamp set. Handmade card using all Stampin' Up! supplies.
I hope you have a creative day!

1 comment:

Marla said...

I love your creativity, Lisa. These cards are lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...