Saturday, April 11, 2015

Flower Patch in Crisp Cantaloupe


Today is my sister-in-law's birthday so I actually remembered to make her a card in time for her to receive it. She lives about 400 miles away so it takes a few days. 
Stampin' Up! Flower Patch stamp set with framelits. Handmade birthday card by Lisa Young,

I took advantage of some of the products on sale this week through Monday, April 13th, namely the Burlap Ribbon and the Flower Fair Framelits
Stampin' Up! Flower Patch stamp set with framelits. Handmade birthday card by Lisa Young,
The Flower Fair framelits coordinate with the Flower Patch stamp set which is what I used for my card. I stamped the flowers in first and second generation of Crisp Cantaloupe ink. I did the same for the leaves using Pistachio Pudding. The framelits make cutting the various pieces so easy! 

I know it uses more card stock, but sometimes it is easier to use an extra layer of card stock cut a little smaller than the card base as I did here. By doing it this way I can emboss the layer and I was able to attach the ribbon by tucking it under the edges. Tip: stamp a sentiment on the layer of card stock and then emboss it with an embossing folder. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Everything can be found here in my Stampin' Up! Store.

Stamps: Hey You, Flower Patch
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar
Other: Burlap Ribbon (on sale), Flower Fair framelits (on sale), Big Shot, Beautifully Baroque embossing folder

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Very pretty card. I especally like the burlap ribbon with these colors.

Kate Stockman said...

Love the color, very pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...