Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Flight of the Butterflies from Sheltering Tree

Happy April! Sale-a-bration has officially ended and now I am looking forward to more good things from Stampin' Up!. 

April is my last month on the Creative Crew at Splitcoaststampers so I will be showing you my 4 Creative Crew projects over the next few days. One of the themes is Butterflies! How fun is that??!

Stampin' Up! Sheltering Tree stamp set with tiny blue butterflies in flight. Sympathy or thinking of you card.

I am on a Sheltering Tree kick right now so I used the tree and sentiment as the basis for my card. I think butterflies can be so symbolic so I created a sympathy type card with lots of little butterflies in flight.

I couldn't decide what color to make my butterflies and tried out a few combinations, then settled on Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana.
Once I die cut lots of little butterflies with the Big Shot and Beautiful Wings embosslit, I bent the wings a little, attached them with a glue dot and added a tiny pearl to each butterfly.
Stamping Tip: Add a layer of waxed paper between the card stock and embosslit. The butterflies will easily pop out of the embosslit after you run it through the Big Shot.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

Claire Ventre said...

Really love this card - very inspiring! TFS:)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Lisa, OMG.... this is gorgeous!

Tanja said...

This card is so very beautiful! I absolutely love it!

nitestamper said...

This is so beautiful!!!! I just love how you added
the butterflies!!!
I just have to case it for my Condiser it Cased week tomorrow.
tfs:)
chat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...