Thursday, April 23, 2015

Blue Roses for Mother's Day

It's Thursday, and that means a challenge from Create with Connie and Mary! This week it is a color challenge: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray. 

I made my card a week ago - before the Retiring/Last Chance List was revealed and I had a feeling that my beloved Stippled Blossoms stamp set would be retiring. I was right. Little did I know that the Fancy Fan embossing folder would be retiring too!
Stampin' Up! Stippled Blossoms stamp set .Handmade Mother's Day card with roses and textured background. Made by Lisa Young, Add ink and Stamp
Oh, and the Subtles Designer Series Paper stack is also retiring. This stack of 12 x 12 patterned paper is where the piece of Soft Sky paper on my card is from. 

I did a lot of fussy cutting on my card - as in every flower and leaf - and the Basic Gray centers are fussy cut too. I also sponged the edges of the flowers, especially the roses, so they would show up better against the white card stock. Once I had everything cut, I just cascaded them down the side. 

Now, I made my card a Mother's Day card, but it could easily be made into whatever you need it to be :)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: Stippled Blossoms (retiring), Crazy About You
Paper: Soft Sky from the Subtles dsp stack (retiring)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink: Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi
Other: sponge, dimensional, corner punch, Texture Boutique Machine (retiring),
Fancy Fan embossing folder (retiring)

If you would like more inspiration, head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. And most of all, we would love to have you play along! 

9 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...I'm sad this set is on the retired list, it makes such beautiful flowers! I'll need to get it out and use it a few more times before it goes away...great job with the color challenge this week!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you have the flowers cascading down the side. Great use of the colors.

Jenny Engelke said...

What a beauty you've created this week! I love the blue flowers. I'm bummed about Stippled Blossoms retiring too. I've had it for a long time and have barely used it. I was just getting into it...and now it's going away. Darn. I was surprised to see the fancy fan on the list as well. It will be exciting to see what new things are coming!

Robin Hoff said...

beautiful!

Alison Barclay said...

So pretty! I love that Stippled Blossoms stamp (even though I never bought it myself)...but it just never fails to impress me when I see on talented demos blogs such as yours. Beautiful card!

Joanne James said...

So pretty Lisa, and such a shame this set is on the retiring list; it does make the most beautiful vintage roses. It looks gorgeous in the pale blue too - gorgeous for Mother's Day. I think like Connie I need to get mine out a few more times before we say goodbye for good!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, your card is so beautiful and feminine; just perfect for a Mother's Day or any day for a special lady! So sad to see this set retire... it's a beauty!

Bridgette J said...

So very pretty and soft. A perfect card for Mother's day!

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful card! I didn't use the Stippled Blossoms set very much but it was lovely and worked well for sympathy cards...I will miss it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...