Sunday, April 26, 2015

Blooming with Kindness - It's Time

Blooming with Kindness is another stamp set that is going away. I sort of expected this one to be retired as it has been around for a while but it is still as lovely as ever though!

Today's card is one that I made during my stamping frenzy after the Retired List carne out. It is clean and simple and came together quickly.
Stampin' Up! Blooming with Kindness stamp set in shades of purple on a white embossed background. A clean and simple, handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp.
I used the sketch below from Splitcoaststampers. Every Wednesday, they have a new sketch challenge and I really liked this week's. 

The dry embossing on my card was done with both of the embossing folders from Delicate Designs (Retiring). They make great borders! My flower was just stamped with Perfect Plum ink and sponged over with Wisteria wonder. It doesn't get much simpler than that.  I couldn't figure out how to add one of the sentiments that come with the Blooming with Kindness stamp set and keep to the sketch so I just added it as you see on my card. It's always easier adding a sentiment like that as opposed to stamping directly on the card front. I inevitably make a mistake! 

Sketch from Splitcoaststampers

An oldie but goodie.
Stampin' Up! Blooming with Kindness stamp set. Thanksgiving card done with fall colors and embossed background. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
 This is a Thanksgiving card that I made a few years ago with the same Blooming with Kindness stamp set and the same technique, but with more detail and color. That blog post, with the details can be found Here. I remember giving this to my mom for Thanksgiving and she loved it :)

The details for my first card:
Stamps: Blooming with Kindness - Retiring
Card Stock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum
Other: sponge, circle punch, dimensional, silver Baker's Twine, Delicate Designs embossing folders - Retiring and only available while supplies last.

To view, or to purchase, the Retiring stamp sets, click Here.
To view, or to purchase, the Retiring Accessories, click Here.

Have a blessed day, and as always...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...