Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Red Umbrella

 I love the card I am showing you today. It is clean and simple and it is a favorite color combination of mine: Black, White and Red. I happen to love red, and red with polka dots?? Double love. :) 
Handmade card with Red Umbrella made with Stampin' Up! paper and Circle framelits and punches.
I made a few of these as thank you's for ladies that helped at our church's annual women's conference. I noticed this week's Merry Monday Challenge has a red umbrella in their inspiration photo. Since we decorated with red umbrellas at our conference, I thought that would make a great thank you card for the ladies!

The sentiment is from Lots of Thanks stamp set which is retiring. I use that set quite a bit so I am sad to see it go.  

To create the umbrella top, I made a template first out of card stock by cutting a circle with a Circle Framelit  I cut the circle in half and then used my Small Oval Punch (retiring) to punch the scallops. Once I had the template the way I liked it, I repeated everything with Real Red paper. This pattern is one from the retiring Brights collection. The template showed me where I needed to punch. 

I used a Cherry Cobbler marker to hand draw lines from point to point and then I added a little punched circle at the top. The umbrella canopy is actually popped up on the scalloped edge: 1 dimensional on each end and 2 stacked on top of each other in the middle. A Glue Dot holds down the top of the umbrella. It really gives the umbrella a 3-D look. 


All supplies are Stampin' Up! Some are retiring!

Stamps: Lots of Thanks - retiring
Paper: Brights Paper Collection - retiring
Card Stock: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Cherry Cobbler marker, Black Memento
Other: Circle Framelits, Owl Builder Punch, 1" Circle punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dot, Itty Bitty Accent Punch, Small Oval Punch - retiring


To View the Retiring Stamp Sets, Click HERE
To View the Retiring Accessories, Click HERE
List of Both in pdf format, Click HERE.

4 comments:

Carol Matthews said...

Lisa I love your creations, and this one is just plain sweet. I hope you don't mind that it will show up on my card shelf too! :)
Thanks for sharing

Lesley said...

Such a lovely card, Lisa. I was so excited to see your card in the linky!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVELY and creative!!!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!!!

Heidi Baks said...

This card would have been perfect for this week's Friday Mashup. Wish I had thought of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...