Sunday, March 1, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Sheltering Tree Edition


Welcome to another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop where everyone features projects made with the same stamp set. This time we are showing you what you can make with the Sheltering Tree stamp set from the Occasions catalog.

Note: The hop officially begins on Monday, March 2nd but we post early to make sure everything is running smoothly. Until then you may experience some broken links. Don't give up though! 

If you arrived from the talented Yapha Mason's blog, then you are where you should be. If this is your first stop - that is good too - just follow the links and you will go full circle and end up back here.

I went a completely different route with this stamp set and created an ice cream cone.
Stampin' Up! card with ice cream cone made with sheltering tree stamp set.
I love all of the images in this set, especially the tree, but I have to admit there are times when I look at the shape of the large stamp with the leaves/blossoms, I see the top of an ice cream cone. Then after seeing Stampin' Up! use the back of the stamp on a card, the idea hit came to me to actually use that stamp image for the "ice cream" on a card. Because Sheltering Tree stamp set is photopolymer, this idea worked! Add that to my list of why I love photopolymer.

Black Raspberry Chip is one of my favorite ice creams so that is what I tried to recreate for my card. And by adding 2 different sentiments from other stamp sets, I was able to make this into a fun birthday card. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: Sheltering Tree, Something to Say, Big Day (Sale-a-bration)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake ink, Crumb Cake Blendabilities
Other: Pearls, Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, sponge, dimensionals, Natural Chevron Ribbon, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch

Next stop on the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop is the blog belonging to another talented stamper, Wendy Weixler. Enjoy the hop!

18 comments:

Yapha said...

I love it, Lisa!! What a fantastic ice cream cone! Way to think outside the tree!

Linda Callahan said...

Out of the box wonderful!

Nancy Smith said...

Well now I'll never be able to look at this set again without seeing ice cream. ;-) Very clever!

Martha Inchley said...

Great Idea, It looks so yummy! Now I want some ice cream! Lol!

Betty said...

That is just too fun! Love the wrapped cone!

Betty said...

That is just too fun! Love the wrapped cone!

Dawn Tidd said...

Black Raspberry Chip, yum! What a great idea…an ice cream cone…one of the reasons this hop is so fun!

Tanya Boser said...

YUM! I love this idea, and the way you executed it! I am so glad I already have this set ;)

Rochelle Blok said...

Very clever Lisa! Such a great idea and great thinking outside the box!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh I love this! So clever and that ice cream looks delicious. This really showcases the versatility of this set.

Dawn MacKay said...

My brother owns an ice cream shop, so I will be using this idea for his next card. Thank you!

Mike said...

So clever Lisa! I also especially love the waffle cone you created! C'mon summer!!!

Marla said...

I can always count on something fun and creative from you! I just love this card!! Ice cream in the winter is my favorite treat (because it doesn't melt)!!

Heidi Baks said...

Such a different use, it took me a minute to recognize the image. Fabulous job, Lisa!

Paula said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!
I Love what you did with the leaf stamp!!!!! Thanks for giving me a good laugh!
And it totally works!!!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Aren't you the very clever one...raspberry ice cream cone...makes me want a bite right now. Fabulous creativity!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! So clever! I would have never thought to do this in a hundred years. What an awesome to show off the versatility of this set!

rubberredneck said...

Your so clever! This is awesome and looks yummy too. lol Awesome :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...