Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sheltering Tree with World of Dreams


I love to combine stamp sets sometime. I'm not talking sentiments or background stamps plus a stamp set because that is a given. No I am talking 2 different stamp sets such as Sheltering Tree and World of Dreams. 

Here is an example of what I mean.
Stampin' Up! World of Dreams stamp set and Stampin' Up! Sheltering Tree stamp set. Spring card with tree branch with birds on a nest. Made by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I stamped the Sheltering Tree in the background and added some leaves here and there because it is spring and the tree is just beginning to leaf out. Then I added a layer of Pistachio Pudding paper that I cut to look like grass. By stamping the ground in Pear Pizzazz right onto the designer paper, I created a foreground. 

Tip: If you ever look at a landscape, the colors get lighter the further away they are. So I recreated that look by stamping a darker color in the foreground.

I inked up the World of Dreams stamp (the bird's nest and branches) by using Stampin' Write Markers. Be sure to "huff" on it before stamping. This moistens the ink. 

Tip: Add depth, or definition to an object - in this case the nest - by picking up some ink with a Blender Pen and adding color ever so lightly. You can always add more.

The little pink flower gives just a touch of of soft color to a very earthy color palette.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! and anything can be ordered from My Online Store. 

Stamps: World of Dreams, Sheltering Tree, Lots of Thanks, Hardwood Background
Paper: All Abloom paper stack
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Other: Pearl, Itty Bitty Accent Punch

5 comments:

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Lisa, I like the combo of these two stamp sets. Very nice!

Kirk and Melanie said...

What a GREAT combination of these two stamp sets!!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing!

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. I like how you combined the 2 sets and the detail on the birdnest image.

Christine Blain said...

This is delightful, Lisa!

sdm fann said...

Love what you with your cards!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...