Friday, March 13, 2015

Pop Up Diorama Birthday Card


This is one of those cards that you may look at the front and say, "oh that's really cute". But wait. The best part is inside!

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Critters Pop Up Diorama Card. Birthday card. Opens up to reveal a surprise. Tutorial link on Add Ink and Stamp

When you open up the card it becomes a diorama! So fun and really easy to make.  This was the final March Creative Crew card that I have to show you. The design team was asked to make a Pop Up Diorama card using this Tutorial from Splitcoaststampers. 
Stampin' Up! Cheerful Critters Pop Up Diorama Card. Birthday card. Tutorial  link on Add Ink and Stamp

I decided to use Cheerful Critters combined with the bright colors of Sweet Taffy for my card. I think it was one of those snow days when I stamped it and needed some bright colors in my day. Lol.
Some details:
  • Make your own balloons with an oval punch or circle punch. I added the white highlights with my White Chalk Pen
  • Add some shadow around the image so it doesn't look like it is floating. I used a Smoky Slate Blendabilities but an Aquapainter or Blender Pen with ink would work. 
  • The bear was fussy cut but to get him "behind" the bunny, I cut a slit up along the left side of the bunny and tucked the bear through the slit. You can't even tell!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

This type card works for any occasion, not just a birthday. Oh! The best part is that it folds flat so it doesn't cost any extra to mail. I can't believe I almost forgot to tell you that part! 

1 comment:

Sharon Madsen said...

This is an adorable card! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...