Monday, March 23, 2015

Perfect Petals in Plum


Before Mellow Moss retired a long time ago, I loved to create cards with Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum and Mellow Moss. It was my favorite green. Anyone else love Mellow Moss??

Without Mellow Moss, I kind of let Perfect Plum fall by the wayside. It is too easy to reach for the newer, trendy purples in the Stampin' Up! repertoire. You know what I'm saying, right?

Today's card uses Perfect Plum with Pear Pizzazz - not a bad combination at all.
Floral card made with Stampin' Up! Petite Petals stamp set and Flower Shop stamp set. Purple floral card. Hexagon embossing folder. Easy floral card made by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The ink on the flowers is dark but it is really Perfect Plum, not black. It gives the flowers a dark, rich look. I just had a scrap of Flashback designer series paper so I added it across the bottom. The pattern reminds me of fencing. 

Do you have the Hexagon embossing folder yet? No? Well good news. It is one of the Weekly Deals and is on sale. But hurry. The sale ends tonight at (I think) 11:50 pm Mountain Time. Add it to an order that reaches $50 before shipping and tax, and you can choose another embossing folder for Free from Stampin' Up! Click Here for the choices.

Anyway, I love the Hexagon folder as a background for flowers. Just like the piece of Flashback paper that I used, this reminds me of fencing and fencing is perfect for flowers or foliage or farm animals!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! My Online Store can be found Here.

Stamps: Petite Petals, Flower Shop, Something to Say
Paper: Flashback
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Perfect Plum
Other: Hexagon Embossing Folder, Pearls, Bird Builder Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Pansy Punch, Petite Petals

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. I think this is a great color combination. TFS

Marla said...

I love the Hexagon EF. Such a pretty card, Lisa. I love purple!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...