Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Perfect Blend of Coffee and Washi Tape

Many of us have coffee loving friends and family - I know I do. So creating a coffee themed birthday card for such a person seems reasonable. The Perfect Blend stamp set was a good place to begin. Add Washi Tape was a bonus!
Stampin' Up! card with coffee cups using washi tape and blendabilities and typeset paper
One of the Creative Crew challenges (at Splitcoaststampers) for the month of March is to use Stampin' Up!'s Washi Sheets or Washi Tape. I used Washi Tape for the simple reason that I don't own the Washi Sheets!

Here are some details for my card:
  • The coffee cups' sleeves are covered with Washi Tape.
  • One of the coffee cups was fussy cut, one was stamped directly onto the Typeset designer series paper.
  • The coffee ring on the paper was made with the bottom of my own coffee cup that I inked with a Crumb Cake stamp pad.
Good news and bad news. I used Blendabilities to color my coffee cups but Stampin' Up! is having quality control issues with this new product so they are not available to order right now. That is the bad news. The good news is you can still use ink and an aqua painter or Stampin' Write Markers. If you use the Stampin' Write Markers, I would recommend using Watercolor Paper to get the vibrant colors. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Joan V said...

Oh my goodness. What an awesome card.

barb hendrickson said...

Lisa,
I just LOVE this coffee cup card! It's really amazing. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...