Thursday, March 5, 2015

Flower Patch and Irresistibly Yours Paper


Today is Thursday and that means a new challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. This week is a fabulous sketch for you to try!
I stuck with the sketch and made my card square. I think I am one of the few people who loves square cards. 

Stampin' Up! card made with Flower Patch stamp set. Uses Irresistibly Yours paper
My background and Strawberry Slush flower were made with the Irresistibly Yours dsp from Sale-a-bration. It was my first time using this lovely paper and now I know why everyone is raving about it - it was so fun to see the patterns magically appear! 

To make the background, I spritzed the background with Pistachio Pudding ink and a bit of water. I wanted a variation in color which really showed up in the top panel but not so much in the other. I still love the look though.

The large Strawberry Slush flower was made with the polka dot pattern of Irresistibly Yours dsp. I stamped the flower and once the ink dried, I rubbed over the stamped image so the dots would pop. What a fun way to give the flower, not only some pattern, but dimension as well.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Flower Patch, Simply Wonderful (Sale-a-bration)
Paper: Irresistibly Yours (Sale-a-bration)
Card stock: Whisper White
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral
Other: Candy Dots, White Organdy Ribbon, dimensionals, Big Shot, Flower Fair framelits, Stampin' Spritzer, Scalloped Oval Punch

Well I hope I inspired you enough that you will try the sketch for yourself! At the very least, head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog for more inspiration.

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty.

Jenny Engelke said...

Beautiful placement of those fun flowers, Lisa! I love how you incorporated the Irresistibly Yours DSP too!

Alison Barclay said...

Your card is dreamy Lisa! Your polka dot flower is spectacular - I love what you did there!
I'm so happy to be joining you and the team at Create with Connie and Mary! I am a long time fan! :)

Chris Slogar said...

Love the colors, and love how you stamped the large flower on the specialty paper! Very pretty card! I am looking forward to creating with you on the Challenge Team.

Lisa Martz said...

Oh.My.Goodness! How pretty is this!? Love how you spritzed the DSP and achieved that sort of watercolory look! Beautiful card!

Joanne James said...

This card is so pretty Lisa! I love how you created the different looks with the Irresistibly Yours DSP. Your colour combo is great too. I'm so happy to be joining you for the Thursday Team over at Create With Connie and Mary - thanks for the warm welcome!

Connie said...

I LOVE that you used flowers for the "circles" on the sketch! SO clever! Beautiful card! Great job with the sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...