Thursday, March 19, 2015

Crazy About You in Wisteria


As Spring approaches slowly but surely, I gravitate to certain colors when making cards. Now that I think of it, I do that with every season! Because today is a sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog, I get to choose my colors. Wisteria Wonder is one color that I like to use around the Easter season so that is what I went with.
Stampin' Up! Crazy About You stamp set with Wisteria flower and polka dot border. A thinking of you card from Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp.

Here is the sketch that we are using this week. I think I lost some of my pearls between craft table and photo table. Does that ever happen to you? Not marbles. Pearls. 
I have haven't really used the Crazy About You stamp set and Hello You Thinlits much, so it was fun playing with them. Wow! There are a lot of possible combinations for sentiments with this set! Some can be pretty funny. Lol

The Details: My flower is stamped, cut, and layered for some dimension. I used pearls for the dots on the sketch but as aforementioned, I think some fell of enroute to the photo table. And to carry over the dots from the sketch, I layered the card front on polka dotted Wisteria Wonder designer series paper.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Crazy About You
Paper: Wisteria Wonder
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Hello You Thinlits

Don't forget to head over to Create with Connie and Mary for some more inspiration! I hope you will play along with us. We LOVE to see how others interpret the sketch!

11 comments:

Eva Olmo said...

I love it!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty! Love how you used the pearls as the little dots on the sketch. I really love this stamp set and hope it carries over!

Connie Babbert said...

Glad I saw your card before I worked on mine because I was headed in the same direction! lol! LOVE the colors and double flower! Great take on the sketch challenge this week!

Dianne Keough said...

Lovely card. Perfect colors!

Heather M said...

I kept somehow losing/dropping rhinestones the other night! not sure why they weren't sticking to the card, and when my bf and I got to dinner, he was like, "You've got something stuck on you"-- it was one of the stray rhinestones stuck on my sweater! HAHA

Jenny Engelke said...

I'm loving Wisteria Wonder on your card....that is one color I don't reach for often....you done a beautiful job with it!

Alison Barclay said...

SO pretty....I love these colours together. I find rhinestones and pearls EVERYWHERE...along with the backings from the Stampin' Dimensionals. Beautiful card!

Chris Slogar said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the colors and the layout, and especially the little glimpse of polka dot dsp!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, this is so classy and classic with a contemporary touch! Love the polka dots always and the flower is just gorgeous!! Someone will be blessed to receive this!!

Bridgette J said...

These colors are striking together! Very pretty Lisa!

Joanne James said...

Love the bold flower in a perfect spring colour! Great use of the pearls for the dots in the sketch too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...