Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cheerful Critters for St. Patrick day


"Wishin' you a pot o' gold and all the joy your heart can hold". How's that for a greeting?! 

With St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) coming up soon, I used the colors in today's Create with Connie and Mary color challenge to create a fun St. Patrick's Day card. 

Here is another Irish saying for you. "Continual cheerfulness is a sign of wisdom" Irish saying, author unknown. Don't you just love that? And what a great introduction to my card using Cheerful Critters stamp set.

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Critters stamp set for St. Patrick's Day. Bear wearing green shirt. Shamrocks down the side.
I used the now discontinued Blendabilities to color my bear's shirt, but our Stampin' Write markers and Aquapainter would work too because that is what I used to color the bear and to add some shading in the background.

Stampin' Tip: If you make a mistake stamping the sentiment like I did, just stamp the sign again on scrap paper, stamp the sentiment correctly, cut it out and adhere it right over your mistake. Ta da!

The punched flowers four leaf clovers are there for good luck - you just never know :)

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Cheerful Critters, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Wild Wasabi designer series paper
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Black Memento, Wild Wasabi Blendabilities, Sahara Sand Marker
Other: Candy Dots, Itty Bitty Accent Punch, Rhinestones, Big Shot, Decorative Dots embossing folder

We have some new members on the Create with Connie and Mary design team and as always lots of inspiration. We hope you will play along with us!


7 comments:

Kristie W. said...

This is sooo cute! Nice coloring on the bear!

Joanne James said...

What a cute St Patrick's Day card Lisa - these little fellas are so versatile aren't they? Love the punched four leaf clovers too, with their added sparkle.

Jenny Engelke said...

I just love this guy all done up in green! He's perfect for St. Patrick's Day!!!

Alison Barclay said...

Waaah - he is SO CUTE!! I love what you did with him. I am still pinching myself that I am on a Design Team with you! Your cards are always amazing. :)

Bridgette J said...

This is such a HAPPY card Lisa. So cute and I just can't help but smile when I see it! I'm with Alison, still pinching myself! ha! :D

Chris Slogar said...

I just love this little guy! He is perfect in green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! Really great coloring and fun card!

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa!! I thought about using this set and glad I didn't because yours is just TOO TOO cute!!! What a fun bear all dressed up for St. Paddy's Day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...