Thursday, March 26, 2015

CCMC348 Painted Petals color challenge

Now that Sale-a-bration is winding down, I want to use up my Irresistibly Yours paper from the Sale-a-bration catalog. That, and because this paper is awesome! I decided to grunge it up a bit for today's card. And because it is Thursday, I have a challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. It is a color challenge this week!

Here is my card:
Stampin' UP! Painted Petals stamp set and Sale-a-bration Irresistibly Yours paper. Shabby Chic thank you card. Made by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
And the colors:

The Irresistibly Yours paper did all of the work for me on the background. It comes pre-embossed so all I did was sponge on some Sahara Sand ink.

The stamping was all done with different images from the Painted Petals stamp set - even the dots and stripes. That is one of the things I love about that stamp set! To add some texture and visual interest, I tucked a doily, thread, and twine behind the focal point. This layout is a great way to use up some scraps - not that I did that - just saying'

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Painted Petals
Paper: Irresistibly Yours specialty paper (Sale-a-bration)
Card Stock: Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Rose Red
Other: Soft Sky cotton Twine, Linen Thread, Doily, dimensionals, Circle punch, sponge

We would love to see what you can do with these colors! You always inspire us over at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. At the very least, head over there to see what the rest of the design team created for your inspirational pleasure.

6 comments:

Joanne James said...

Great use of the Irresistibly Yours paper for your background and all the little bits and pieces that make this card so special - it's always nice when you manage to use things up!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous! I always think green when seeing the leaves in that DSP, but LOVE how you used the neutral Sahara Sand! The flowers just pop! Love it! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Chris Slogar said...

Great use of so many of the Painted Petals stamps! I love the patterns and textures and especially how you used Soft Sky and Rose Red so sparingly to make them stand out!

Jenny Engelke said...

Gorgeous, stunning and so well put together! I really love your style!

Lisa Martz said...

Absolutely beautiful! So pretty!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, this just couldn't be prettier, IMHO!! The beautiful details you've included combine to create a stunning card!! LOVE!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...