Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Butterfly Basics with a Twist


 I learned a new technique that I am excited to share with you. But first I have some good Sale-a-bration news to share with you. 

Stampin' UP! is offering 10 products from the Annual catalog as Sale-a-bration choices! If you love embossing folders, you will be happy. Just saying' :)  I'll explain at the end of the post.

You may not notice it at first by looking at my card, but there is something about it that is "different". 
Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics stamp set. Fern stamped with Mirror Stampin Technique. Gold ferns and gold button. Clean and simple thank you card.
Have you ever wished an image could be reversed so it leans in the opposite direction or faces the opposite way? I have. Countless times. With this technique you can do just like. I used it with the fern image from Butterfly Basics. The fern bends to the left but I made it bend to the right - as seen on my card.

It is called Mirror Stamping and I learned it on Splitcoaststampers. The directions are found here but I will try to explain using my card as an explanation.

You will need a Photopolymer stamp as large as, or larger than the image you are using, in this case the fern. I used the leaves stamp from Sheltering Tree. It is the same stamp that I used to make this Ice Cream Cone card.

1. Stamp the butterfly image twice onto the card stock. 
2. Place the Photopolymer image on a clear block so the smooth side is facing out. You need that smooth side. 
3. Ink up the fern image and stamp it onto the smooth side of the Photopolymer stamp.
4. Now stamp the photopolymer stamp onto the card stock. Ta da! The fern is reversed. 

Details: 

  • I stamped mine with gold and embossed with gold.             
  • I also inked the button with gold and embossed it. Tip: Thread some twine  or thread through it first. Then hold the knot with tweezers, dip it in embossing powder and heat. Watch those fingers!

Stampin' Supplies - all found here in my Online Store

Stamps: Butterfly Basics, Four You, Sheltering Tree
Paper: Best Year Ever (Sale-a-bration)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Gold foil, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Gold, Coastal Cabana
Other: Gold embossing folder, Gold sequins, Dotted Swiss Border Punch, Coastal Cabana twine

Here are the new Sale-a-bration items that you can earn for free. (pdf). My personal favorite? The 1/8" handheld punch.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...