Thursday, February 26, 2015

You are Amazingly Amazing


Hello my stamping friends!  Today is a color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I hope you will play along with us this week. It's fun!

The color Blushing Bride is very subtle in my card. Can you see it? Look closely.
If you guessed the "shadow" around the flowers, then you are correct! Well, that and the Candy Dot in the center of the punched flower. 

I stamped the flowers from Painted Petals stamp set with Blushing Bride first, and then stamped again with Rose Red only I stamped a little off center. Tip: The Blushing Bride gives the image some depth and because it is a lighter color in the same color family it doesn't interfere with the Rose Red. 

The layout is one I have used before and love. I kept it simple but it can be jazzed up with some layers or background texture. Super easy card to recreate and definitely mailable with no extra postage. Win, win!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Painted Petals, Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Rose Red
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Rose Red, Blushing Bride
Other: Candy Dot, Itty Bitty Accent punch 

I hope you will join us this week at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog and show us what you create with these colors! 

6 comments:

Connie said...

Gorgeous! I love the layout...so unusual! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the layout as well...I agree with Connie! Very unique. This is such a pretty card! Love the splatters and the darling little punched blossom.

Deb said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love this layout! The little flower accent is perfect!

Melissa Davies said...

Very pretty card, Lisa! I love how you used the Blushing Bride for shadowing - Highlights the flowers beautifully!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you layered the flowers, so pretty! Very unique design for the card too!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, this is just gorgeous! Such a perfect way to use these colors with these stamps! So yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...