Monday, February 9, 2015

Watercolored Sheltering Tree


Sometimes I just like to play around with ink and water and see what I can create. That is exactly what I was doing when this card began to evolve.


I had a piece of water color paper on my craft table just waiting for me to use so I stamped the tree from Sheltering Tree with Black Stazon ink. 

My next step was to use my aqua painter and spread some water around here and there on the water color paper. Then I just dropped some Soft Sky ink and Hello Honey ink and let it move around, helping it some by tilting the paper back and forth. Once that dried a little I added some more water and color but still keeping some white area. 

Before the water color paper dried, I stamped the leaves and grass. I loved the final result. This is one of the reasons I love stamping. It makes me look like an artist!

I used the "Thinking of You" sentiment from the same Sheltering Tree stamp set because this card was sent to my dear, former co-worker. Her father passed away and I wanted to extend my sympathy in a creative way - yet another reason why I love stamping.  

All supplies are Stampin' Up! My Online store can be found here.

Stamps: Sheltering Tree
Paper: Water Color 
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Soft Sky, Hello Honey
Other: Aquapainter, Best Year Ever Accessories pack (Sale-a-bration Ribbon)

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I love, love,love this card!! That's mu kind of card. Great job - now I want to play around, too.

Elise G said...

I love the warm tones and beautiful composition. It could easily be framed as a gift. Simply stunning!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...