Sunday, February 1, 2015

Painted Petals Control Freak Swap


I am so privileged to be part of a group of stampers called Control Freak Swappers. You may know some of them from the monthly Control Freak Blog Tour. The Blog Tour is optional. Mainly we just swap cards.

This was the Control Freak swap card that I made for our Occasions Mini catalog swap. I got the idea from a card that long time demonstrator, Sharon Skelton made, and showed to me. She doesn't have a blog (at least I couldn't find one) so I couldn't link her up.
I used the new Painted Petals stamp set and coordinating Painted Blooms paper and Cotton Twine for my card. What you see is all stamped except for the  strip of designer paper across the bottom. Isn't that paper yummy? It looks like watercolored flowers and I am a sucker for watercolored anything!

The beauty of this card is what happens when it opens up. 

Inside is another greeting and a spray of flowers, all hidden from view when the card is closed.

I just thought this card was so fun and different from the traditional style of cards. I hope you agree. 

All Supplies are Stampin' Up! My Online Store can be found here.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Edited to add: I finally got around to directions/tutorial. Click Here for that blog post. 
Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Love love love the card format... So clever... Would love to make one.... Hope you can do a tutorial some day! Pretty please....

Kay said...

I LOVE fancy fold cards and this is wonderful! i would LOVE to learn the details on how to make one! Thanks Kay

Kim Innis said...

I would love to see a tutorial for this beautiful card!

Kim Innis said...

I would love to see a tutorial for this beautiful card!

StampingJudy said...

Just a gorgeous card Please provide measurements -- and a tutorial would be very nice!

Sharie said...

Love this card would love to see a tutorial and or video! We could use it with so many stamp sets and designer series paper! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...