Friday, February 13, 2015

Kimona Card


Sometimes I enjoy making a card that is different from the traditional A2 card - you know - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" . I was going through some old swaps and found a darling Kimona card that I am pretty sure was given to me by Tanya Boser. Tanya also happens to be the wonderful leader of our Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop team. 

I decided to create my own Kimona card.
I googled Kimona cards for directions because I thought that would easier than figuring it out on my own. I came across this video and followed her directions except I used scissors instead of a craft knife and made a few other tweaks.


Tanya had ribbon on hers to tie it so I added some ribbon from the Best Year Ever Accessories pack and a button - also from the Best Year Ever Accessories pack.
These Accessories as well as the paper that I used, Best Year Ever designer series paper, can be yours for free during Sale-a-bration. 

For every $50 that you spend, you will receive a free product from the Sale-a-bration catalog - your choice. No limit! The link to the catalog is below.

I'm not sure what occasion would merit a kimono card but it was fun to make!

It fits in a standard note card envelope which is nice. Of course the button and ribbon add bulk so that would be extra postage. Still worth it!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!  If you would like to place an online order, my Online Store is found here.

Sale-a-bration products are found here - pdf form

Stamps: none
Paper: Best Year Ever designer Series (Sale-a-bration)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe
Ink: none
Other: Paper snips, Best Year Ever Accessories Pack (Sale-a-bration), Scoring Board, White Baker's Twine, Glue Dots, Oval Punch

2 comments:

Cary said...

OMG! I love this! I am so excited to make this! XXXOOO

Carol Gleason said...

Lisa, I think this would be cute with a baby announcement inside, or how about a sleepover invitation? Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...