Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Eliminating part of a stamp image.


Did you know that you can buy single stamps from Stampin' Up! It is true, and this tulip stamp is just such a one.
The single stamps are wood mounted and are a great value. The best part is you don't get any extra stamps that you will never use. You know what I'm talking about. 

But what if it has a sentiment attached that you like, but don't necessarily want to use every time you use the stamp? There are a couple of possibilities that you can try:

1. stamp the entire image, including sentiment and then layer another sentiment over top of it. Just cut or punch the card stock a little larger. 

2. Use a marker to ink up the image and don't add marker to the sentiment. Remember to huff on the stamp before stamping!

3. Apply scotch tape over the sentiment, making sure it is completely covered. Then ink up the stamp with your stamp pad, remove the scotch tape, and stamp. 

4. If you have an extra wooden block and if the sentiment isn't really close to the image, cut it with a hobby blade and put it on the extra wooden block. If it is narrow enough you can mount it on the end of the wooden block that your stamp came with. 

I used method #3 for my card. The large white space allowed me to add my own sentiment - in this case, a simple thanks but I could layer it with some cute punches and colored Pearls.

I'm trying out different ways of blending with my Blendabilities to see what works best. For this card I left an oval of white space on both sides of each tulip. I think it  gives it some depth. I also used an old trick of mine and added a little line of Smoky Slate around part of the image so it doesn't look like it is floating. Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake markers also work well for this. And my final bit of coloring was to use a Sahara Sand marker (not Blendabilities) and color the edges and string on the newspaper wrapping.

I hope you liked my tips for the day!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! My Online Store for all of your Stampin' Up! needs is found here.

Stamps: Love is Kindness, Lots of Thanks
Paper: Park Lane designer paper
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Black Memento, Melon Mambo Blendabilities, Old Olive Blendabilities, Sahara Sand marker
Other: Pearls, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, dimensionals, Big Shot, Lovely Lace embossing folder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...