Thursday, February 12, 2015

Butterfly Basics in Lovely Earth Tones


These lovely earth tones are this week's color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. 

My card is made with Butterfly Basics and I chose that stamp set because I had the fern already fussy cut and on my  craft table. So I basically worked around that!
The Sahara Sand background is stamped with Sahara Sand ink for a tone on tone look. I then layered it onto Typeset specialty paper which is layered on a Whisper White card base. I don't usually mix Vanilla and White but because this is such a neutral palette, it works.

For the focal point, I layered the sentiment, my fussy cut fern, and a butterfly that is stamped with Hello Honey. I added a little piece of Gold Sequin Trim to my butterfly for some bling. To add some texture to my card, I made a loose cluster of Linen Thread and Cotton Twine threads  and adhered this to the Sahara Sand card stock behind the focal point.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Paper: Typeset specialty paper
Card Stock: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Ink: Sahara Sand, Hello Honey, Black Memento
Other: Gold Sequin Trim, Linen Thread, White Cotton Twine, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Big Shot, Butterfly Thinly

I hope you were inspired by my card. If you would like even more inspiration, head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team created. We would love to have you play along!

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Love the eclectic look of this card, Lisa! Very pretty.

Shirl said...

love your cards. This is gorgeous.

thank you,
Shirl

stampwithsandy said...

I don't know what else more to say than Absolutely Gorgeous. LOVE.

Deb said...

Stunning! Great job fussy cutting the fern! I love the gold sequins and all the layers! Just gorgeous!

Connie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love all the elements on here! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Gorgeous! So much to look at! Really elegant!

Nicole Tugrul said...

One word....GORGEOUS!! This is one of my favorite cards with this set, you did such an amazing job on the design. It's a beautiful use of these colors!

Dianne Sisneros said...

Love all the textures and layers....TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...