Saturday, February 28, 2015

Butterfly Basics Framed

Well, I didn't really frame the image as much as I added a frame to the image. 
My card is fairly straightforward but I do have a few tips for you:

1. When stamping a solid stamp over a line image such as I did here, use a light colored ink for the solid stamp and it won't show through - unless you want it too, then go for it.

2. You don't always have to color leaves green. I used Bermuda Bay blendabilities  for the entire image.

3. I used a 1" square punch to punch out the inside of the frame. Beats cutting with scissors!. I punched 4 times.

4. Use waxed paper in between the card stock and butterfly thin lit. The little pieces come out so much easier!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

So pretty, Lisa. Love the colour palette and embossed frame.

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is stunning!!

createwithcheryl.me said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the frame idea!

Mary Davidson said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful card! The colors are gorgeous, as is the layout. I love it! I'm saving this for inspiration!

Mary Decker said...

You are really talented. Thank you for taking the time to share. Appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...