Saturday, February 21, 2015

Butterflies and Birthdays


Butterflies and birthdays - what a great combination! That is what the stamp set, Butterfly Basics and its coordinating Butterfly Thinlits is all about! You know I love this stamp set.

With this simple design, I was able to create a birthday card that is easy to duplicate and has some embellishments to give it a little extra something. It is a birthday card after all!

You may notice that I did not use the coordinating thinlit for the butterfly. Instead I punched the stamped image with the Elegant Butterfly punch. It wastes some of the stamped butterfly but if you don't have the Butterfly thinlits this is a nice alternative. Or you could fussy cut the butterfly. I was lazy, so I punched :)

Side note: Do you know the difference between a framelit, edgelit, and a thinlit? 

  • A framelit frames a stamped image or creates a layer to frame an image. Stampin' Up! has a huge selection of these.
  • An edgelit creates a fancy edge 
  • A thinlit cuts a detailed image such as a doily or butterfly.
So there you have it. 

My card details:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Sale-a-bration continues - don't miss out! View the catalog here and see what you can get for free with every $50 that you spend (before shipping and tax).

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautifully done! Great color combination.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and images.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...