Thursday, January 15, 2015

You Brighten My Day

It's time for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. The colors are nice and bright - sure to drive away some winter doldrums.

Speaking of bright… I am using the lightbulb image found in the Sale-a-braion set called You Brighten My Day.

Sometimes it is difficult to create cards with small stamp images because they can easily get "lost" on a busy card. I chose to keep my layout and overall card simple for that very reason. 

For my focal point I stamped the lightbulb and sentiment and then colored and punched them out with a circle punch. Next I added some paper piercing around the circle rather than layer it on card stock. I used dimensionals and added it to the front of my card. The background paper is 2 pieces of paper from the Sale-a-bration series, Best Year Ever. I am loving all of the Sale-a-bration offerings this year! And the best part is they are free! 

I puzzled over how to add some more Bermuda Bay to my card. I ended up using the textured strip of card stock across the front and 3 candy dots accenting the circle. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: You Brighten My Day (a Sale-a-bration set)
Paper: Best Year Ever (Sale-a-bration)
Ink: Bermuda Bay stampin' write marker, Calypso Coral stamping  write marker, Crushed Curry, Black Memento
Card Stock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Other: Candy Dots, dimensional, 2" circle punch, Big Shot, Chevron embossing folder, Essentials paper piercing pack, watercolor brush (retired)

Thanks for stopping. I hope you can play along this week at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog!

8 comments:

Miranda said...

Love the colors!!!!

JoAnn said...

Pretty card and pretty colors.

Lisa Martz said...

Great use of SAB products! What a fun card! Great workshop card!

Debbie Henderson said...

What a perfect stamp image to use with our bright color this week!

Deb said...

I love your simple card! That stamped image is perfect and the layout is really fun!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a cute card!! I love the designer background papers, a really cool design!

Melissa Davies said...

This card is just adorable! I love your choice of pattern and texture - a perfect combination!

Connie said...

Love your idea for this stamp set! Too cute! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...