Sunday, January 18, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Valentine Free For All Edition

Welcome to another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop where everyone uses the same stamp set and shares at least one project. But this time we are shaking things up a bit and doing a theme - a Valentine theme. I for one cannot wait to see what this group created! We've added some new members that I think you may recognize.
Note: The Hop officially begins Monday, January 19th but we like to post early to make sure all of the links are working. 

If you arrived here from the talented Tanya Boser's blog, then you are exactly where you should be. Isn't Tanya amazing? She is the leader of this Crew and does a wonderful job of organizing us, and these hops. Ok I digress. If my blog is your first stop you can continue full circle by clicking on the links. 

What would Valentine's day be without chocolate?

This little treat holder is just the right size for 2 pieces of Dove chocolate. 
I decorated the front with one of the images from the new Cheerful Critters stamp set. This adorable set can be found in the new Occasions Mini. I just love those chubby little critters and thought they would make a great Valentine. 

I used a Basic Black marker for the sentiment. That way I could add a space between "Happy" and "Day" that's big enough for a tiny punched heart. 
One of my new favorite punches is the Bow Builder Punch. Oh wow, that punch is so much fun - and easy to use! I used it to create with bow on the front of my project and attached it will some adhesive. To keep this cute little treat package closed, I added a little glue dot to the back of the flap. 

Edit: The dimensions for this little Treat Holder can be found by clicking here.

Have you ever wanted/needed a treat bag and didn't have anything appropriate? Now you can create your own with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit! I used it to create my next project and, as you can see, it is large enough to hold quite a few chocolates :)
I used Vellum card stock and the new Happy Heart embossing folder to create this mini treat bag. TIP: After some trial and error I found that adding a piece of computer paper over the Vellum while embossing, keeps the Vellum from cracking. Once I figured that out, the bag was easy to create!

The topper is a doily with a heart and bow that is also part of the Mini Treat Bag frame lit. Instead of using the words that come in this set, I used a Sale-a-bration stamp, You Brighten My Day, and a little piece of Sale-a-bration designer paper from the Best Year Ever series.


All supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found at the end of this post.

And now it is time to move on to the next stop which happens to be the dynamic Dawn Tidd's blog. Enjoy!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Have a great day. I hope you will come back soon!

18 comments:

Yapha said...

Oh Lisa, these are fantastic! I absolutely love that first chocolate treat holder. It is too cute!

Rochelle Blok said...

Great projects Lisa! Your Cheerful Critters chocolate holder is so cute! Fantastic colouring in! And I really love the embossing on the vellum for your mini treat bag! It looks awesome!Must remember your tip to put some copy paper in when embossing as to not crack the vellum! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn Tidd said...

Wow! Wonderful projects! I'm definitely going to make the Dove holders…perfect for grandchildren. :) And I love your Treat Bag. Thanks too, for the tip about embossing the vellum!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable treat holders! Lovin' that cute guy in the striped shirt :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh wow! Lisa, both your projects are absolutely adorable. Great to be on the SRC with you :)

Nancy Smith said...

OMG - the chocolate holder is stinkin' adorable! I was dubious about that stamp set, but your project is so cute. Now I want it!

Jenny Engelke said...

What cute projects! Thanks for the tip on embossing the vellum! Good to know!

Jenny Mutter said...

Too cute! I would love the dimensions for this. Darling gift for anyone on Valentine Day.

rubberredneck said...

Oh my gosh so until this moment I didn't need the critter set. ROFL that is awesome and the kids would love that!! lol You bag is gorgeous. I never event thought about vellum. lol Thanks for sharing you gave me a lot of ideas as always!

Adriana Benitez said...

Your projects always wow me and these are no exception. Now - normally I might be distracted by the chocolate (ha!) - but the little treat holder you made is SUPER cute. The bow is the perfect touch. TFS

Heidi Baks said...

Yay, beautiful chocolate decorations! This is the stuff that got me into stamping. Love how you scored your chocolate matchbox, and the embossed vellum treat bag is adorable!

Martha Inchley said...

Thanks for sharing! I love your little treat holders and how you used vellum for your treat bag! Thanks for the tip as wel!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

These are fabulous, Lisa! Love both of these ideas for giving away some sweet treats on Valentine's Day!

WebDeb said...

Adorable projects! I love the bow across that bear's tummy LOL! The vellum treat bag is excellent, too!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! Are these two projects not the cutest things ever! The vellum treat bag is so elegant, while the little candy holder is so adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol Carriveau said...

I am giggling with excitement re your first project - that little treat holder with the bear from the Cheerful Critters has me wanting to CASE you and give to my great nieces and nephews! LOVE IT! Your glassine like bag is darling and amazing how much candy it can hold! TFS! Love the bow on that little bear....have to jump to SU! sight and place my order as soon as I have finished with this blog hop...if I can wait...tee hee!

Colleen said...

Cute little treat holders and can be made up for any occasion.
Great inspiration. Thank you

Nancy Smith said...

Lisa - your treat holder is stinkin' adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...