Sunday, January 4, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Perfect Pennants Edition

Welcome to another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop where everyone uses the same stamp set and shares at least one project. This time we are featuring the stamp set, Perfect Pennants. 
Note: The Hop officially begins Monday, January 5th but we like to post early to make sure all of the links are working. 

If you arrived here from Dawn Tidd's blog then you are where you should be. If you just hopped on, that is ok - just follow the links and the blog hop will go full circle. 

My anniversary happens to be January 5th so I used the Perfect Pennants set to create an anniversary card for my husband. He loves blue so the color choices were easy.
I wanted to use the heart image in this set to create a Bokeh effect. There are several ways to do this technique but I found my inspiration from this card by Nicole Tugrul. I ended up creating my own method by heat embossed some white hearts first.

To create the smaller hearts I used the Heart Stencil. First I sponged some of those with Whisper White Craft ink on Whisper White card stock. Then I embossed them with white. Next I added some stamped hearts using the stamp from the Perfect Pennants set. I embossed these as well. I then sponged on some Island Indigo ink and Night of Navy ink. My final step was to go back with the sponge and the stencil and then the stamp. On my first try at this technique I used Island Indigo ink but it wasn't a soft enough look so I used Whisper White craft ink to stencil and stamp. That worked better and to darken some of the hearts I lightly sponged some more Island Indigo ink over them. 

The rest of the card was easy and straightforward. I love that the set contains the polka dot border and striped border so you can create borders, backgrounds, or banners! I added some Basic Rhinestones to jazz it up a bit and a Happy Anniversary (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) since it is specifically for that occasion! 

The "You & Me" is perfect for my husband. We are empty nesters now and that has become a common phrase between us these days - in a joking way. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Perfect Pennants, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Night of Navy
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Island Indigo, Night of Navy
Other: Heart stencil, Circle punch, sponge, White Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestones

Now it is time to hop on over to the next stop which is Debra Burgin's blog. Just click on her name or the link below. Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by! 

14 comments:

Beth Beard said...

What is a wonderful technique! Thank you for explaining how you did it.

Kerry Willard Bray said...

This is stunning, Lisa! You've inspired me to give this technique a try!

Yapha said...

Great card, Lisa! I love the Bokeh hearts. Happy Anniversary!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this bokeh effect, Lisa! And how perfect for an Anniversary card!

Shana Gaff said...

I love your color choices! The blue looks really nice with the bokeh technique. I never would have thought to do the hearts in blue but it really works and looks fabulous!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful, Lisa! I love the use of hearts in this technique. It's gorgeous in blue!

Rochelle Blok said...

Love your 'bokeh' style card Lisa. Very clever use of the heart image. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband too!

rubberredneck said...

WOW I love this! I've got to try it. I love the blue too. Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year.

Deb said...

WOW! Love that background! And I love how you used the banner strips, too! Fantastic card!

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous and love that you used blue to draw your husband's eye to his favorite color! Great job.....

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun and different card. I really like the idea of using hearts for the bokeh effect.

Nancy Smith said...

Great take on the bokeh technique - can't wait to try it. Love the card and I'm sure you husband will, too.

Mike said...

Very pretty non-traditional color palette for a Valentine card. I love it, Lisa!

Mike said...

Oooops...I mean anniversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...