Friday, January 23, 2015

Simply Wonderful Treat Jar

Hello my friends,

I have a simple treat container to show you today. 
About a month ago I went to a baby shower and this jar, minus my embellishments, was the shower favor. I liked the smallness of the jar so I repurposed it for a treat jar of my own. I noticed that the challenge at the SUO challenge blog is dots, dots, and more dots so I let that determine the paper I used.

The top of my jar is a scalloped circle layered with some Rose Red polka dot paper. I then stamped the sentiment from the Sale-a-bration set, Simply Wonderful and punched it with the Sweetheart punch.  It needed a little something so I added a tiny flower with a pearl in its center. It's kind of hard to see but there are 2 flowers layered together.I

The star of this treat jar, as far as I'm concerned, is the bow on the front. The new Bow Builder Punch is so much fun to use, whether it is a card, bag, or jar! I used the same Rose Red polka dot paper for the tag and the band around the jar lid. The little tag on the front is also stamped with a sentiment from Simply Wonderful and coordinates with the lid. This little treat jar was so easy to decorate and it took very little time to do so.

 I filled the jar with Valentine peanut M & M's and plan on giving it to a special friend!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!


Thanks for stopping. Hope your day is a creative one!

4 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Lisa, I love your re-purposed jar! The dotted DSP looks fantastic as well as the cute bow :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

Connie said...

So cute...I have a bunch of those jars and now I know what to do! Love the bow on the front! Thanks for playing along with the "Lots of Dots" challenge this time on SUO Challenges!

Julia said...

The dotty paper certainly gives this gorgeous gift a sense of fun!! Great entry for SUO this week!

Karen Barber said...

I lOVE this little project - you can never go wrong with red and white polka dots, and you nailed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...