Monday, January 19, 2015

Sheltering Tree Valentine


I have a clean and simple card to show you today that could be used for a Valentine but doesn't necessarily have to be. I was going to post it yesterday for the Stamp Review Crew's Valentine Blog Hop, but decided to let it stand on its own.

First I stamped the tree image from the new stamp set, Sheltering Tree and added the ground beneath the tree. Next I stamped a heart from Groovy Love on Whisper White card stock. I waited to cut it out because of the next step.

This next step was the tricky part. I used the Alphabet Rotary stamp and stamped my name + my husband's name within the heart. I kept messing it up so I had to stamp more hearts and eventually I got it right but  you can see a little bitty black mark on the heart where I smudged it. Once it was stamped to my satisfaction, I cut it out by hand.

There are actually 2 arrows behind the heart. They were punched with the What's Up punch and once I attached them to the heart I used dimensionals to attach the entire thing to the designer series paper. And don't you love that realistic paper? It is from the Adventure Bound paper stack. LOVE this paper because one side is realistic such as the birch bark seen here, and the other side is a traditional manly patterned paper. If you struggle with guy cards these papers make them easy. 

I wanted this card to represent a heart and arrow carved into a birch tree (something I would never do, or recommend in real life). I was going to just do our initials which would have been easier but I am giving it to my husband so I wanted it to be our names. Thankfully they are short. Lol.  The sentiment is also from the Sheltering Tree stamp set and I thought it was perfect for this time of year :)

All supplies are Stampin' Up and can be found in my Online Store by clicking on any image below.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
I always manage to forget something in my list of supplies. This time it is the Corner Rounder Punch. Sorry about that!

Thanks for stopping. 

1 comment:

Shirl said...

This is really nice. I am thinking you could cover the smudge with a bling of some sort.

Shirl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...