Thursday, January 8, 2015

Painted Petals

It is another great day to stamp with the deep freeze continuing to hold steady. I have a sketch from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog to get you jump started. Ha. No pun intended there. 


I have very little stamping on my card and just let the designer series paper do all the work. 

The paper is from the Painted Blooms series in the Occasions catalog. All of the patterns are gorgeous and the colors are bold and bright - perfect for a cold wintry day. I tried to choose 2 patterns that were a little more subdued.

The sentiment is from the coordinating stamp set, Painted Petals. Rather than stamp the rose I just cut one from a piece of the designer paper. I love it! To finish off my card I added some of the new Painted Blooms Cotton Twine and a few Candy Dots. 

My card is square. All supplies are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: Painted Petals
Paper: Painted Blooms
Ink: Pacific Point
Card Stock: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi
Other: Painted Blooms Cotton Twine, Candy Dots, dimensionals

Now it's your turn! We can't wait to see what you create! Once you create your card, just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog and link it up. 
Have a great day. If you are in the deep freeze zone, stay warm! 

9 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Great way to display our new DSP and don't you just love this sentiment. I think it's my new favorite!

Eva Olmo said...

Beautiful card!

Connie said...

I know! That DSP is just so gorgeous on its' own! Beautiful card! Great job with the sketch this week!

RuthieB said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the little flags hanging down from the flower image, balances it perfectly!!!!

Deb said...

Such pretty dsp! Love that stamp set, too! And I love the fussy cut flower! Beautiful card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous!! I can't get enough of this set and paper. I just love what you did, the card is just lovely!

Margaret Raburn said...


You've really showcased this DSP on your beautiful card! Love all the fine details and pretty flower too! Gorgeous!

Melissa Davies said...

WOW!! This is stunning! You made a little DSP go a long way! Beautiful!

Lisa Martz said...

Such a pretty card...and now I own one! Thank you Lisa for sending me a copy of this...I got it today! Bad day at work and this cheered me up! Lots of details!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...