Thursday, January 29, 2015

Moon Lake CCMC340


I have a wonderful masculine color challenge for you, compliments of Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog!

I thought these colors would be perfect with the new Moon Lake stamp set. 
Both of these images and sentiment are part of the same stamp set. I stamped the boat image with Basic Gray and added some splatters with Gorgeous Grunge. Then I added some designer paper from the Adventure Bound paper pack. 

The goose was stamped with Black Stazon and then I used an Oval Framelit to cut it out. To color the image, I used markers and ink. The reeds are colored with a Sahara Sand marker. The water is ink and a little water. And I added a light wash of Sahara Sand over the goose's body. My final step was to sponge the edges of the oval with Sahara Sand ink. The panels on the base of the card are sponged with Basic Gray ink.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Moon Lake, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Adventure Bound pack
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray
Ink: Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray, Black Stazon
Other: Oval Framelits, Big Shot, dimensionals, sponge, Candy Dots

So now it is your turn! We love to see what you create.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Great man card! I broke down and ordered this set as my brother is an avid goose hunter. Love the way you combined the boat and goose stamps...would not have thought to do that, but it works!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

I like how you combined the images, too. This is a great card for a man. Well done Amy!

Margaret Raburn said...

You've really created a handsome card for a guy! Love how you kept the back images subtle and then added the Lost Lagoon color to the goose image to make it the focus!

Debbie Henderson said...

Great masculine card Lisa and love how you combined both images!

Joanne James said...

Love the way you combined the images on this card and used the colours and punch to bring one of them into focus. I haven't yet succumbed to this stamp set, but cards like yours push me nearer every day!

Melissa Davies said...

Love how you combined the images - it's such a soothing scene. I really like the focal image with the soft pop of color, too! Great masculine card!

Deb said...

This is really beautiful! Love the coloring that you added! Great masculine card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful!! I love how you designed the card with the image in the background then one as a focal point colored in.

Connie said...

Wonderful!!! You just put me over the edge on getting this set! Love it! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...