Thursday, January 22, 2015

Love is Kindness CCMC339

I'm taking a break from Valentines to bring you a card that is all about Spring. Because it is Thursday, it is also a challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. This week is a lovely sketch and one that I see myself using again and again. 


I used the brand new single stamp, Love is Kindness, from the Occasions Catalog. 
I love tulips so this stamp caught my eye immediately. Unfortunately I can't grow them around my house because something always eats the bulbs. That is really frustrating, especially when you look forward to them all winter and then spring comes and……nothing. 

To create my card I stamped the image and then colored the tulips with the new Pink Pirouette and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities. I added just a touch of tan Blendabilities (one of the skin tones) on the newspaper to give it some shadow.

In order to tie in the newspaper from the stamped image with the background, I used some strips of Typeset designer paper across the base. Those are alternated with some Pink Pirouette paper. I don't usually mix up white with vanilla but the Typeset paper is so neutral it works well with anything. 

The embellishments are Basic Pearls colored with Blendabilities to match the tulips which is another use for these fabulous markers. And I used the Paper Piercer and poked 2 holes - one on either side of the wrapped stems. Then I threaded some Linen Thread through the holes and tied the ends.

All my supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Love is Kindness
Paper: Typeset, All Abloom. Pink Pirouette 
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding
Ink: Black Memento, Pink Pirouette Blendabilities, Wild Wasabi Blendabilities, Skin Tone Blendabilities
Other: Basic Pearls. Paper Piercer, Linen Thread

I hope you will play along with us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Connie said...

SOOOO pretty! Love the tulips in those colors and the newsprint strips with DSP is too clever! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Simply gorgeous!! The colors are perfect and I love how realistic your flowers are!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty! Fresh colors. Love the way the newsprint on the tulips ties together with the newsprint DSP. Love the little linen tie and the pearls. You remembered every detail!

Debbie Henderson said...

Great coloring and great choice of colors and patterns Lisa!

Melissa Davies said...

Your coloring is absolutely beautiful! Love the little touch of twine, too! Such a pretty card :O)

Deb said...

This is just so sweet! Love the beautiful soft colors and your coloring is perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...